Written by Bob & Debby Gass
Thursday, 23 June 2011
'Seek the Kingdom of God above all else...' Matthew 6:33 NLT
As you read the following nine qualities, ask yourself, 'Are these things evident in my life today? Am I developing these fruits so that I may be entrusted with greater responsibility for the advancement of God's Kingdom?'
(1) Merciful and grace-giving. 'God blesses those who are merciful...' 'Stop judging others, and you will not be judged' (Matthew 5:7; 7:1 NLT).
(2) Reconciliatory. 'If...a friend has something against you...go and apologise and be reconciled to him...' (Matthew 5:23-24 TLB).
(3) Teachable. 'Anyone who listens to My teaching and obeys Me is wise...' (Matthew 7:24 NLT).
(4) Courageous. 'Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves...don't be afraid...' (Matthew 10:16;26 NLT).
(5) Submitted. 'Anyone who does the will of My Father in Heaven is My brother and sister and mother' (Matthew 12:50 NLT)!
(6) Surrendered. 'If any of you wants to be My follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow Me' (Matthew 16:24 NLT).
(7) Repentant. '...unless you turn from your sins and become as little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven' (Matthew 18:3 NLT).
(8) Humble. 'But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted' (Matthew 23:12 NLT).
(9) Servant-minded. 'But among you it should be quite different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant' (Matthew 20:26 NLT).
If you're willing to make Jesus Lord of your life, make His Word the last word on all issues, and seek the fullness of His Spirit - you can live this lifestyle too!