Written by Bob & Debby Gass
Wednesday, 22 June 2011
'Seek the Kingdom of God above all else...' Matthew 6:33 NLT
What does it mean to put God's Kingdom first in your life? It means 12 things. Read them carefully then ask, 'How do I measure up?'
(1) Obedience to God. '...anyone who obeys God's laws and teaches them will be great in the Kingdom of Heaven' (Matthew 5:19 NLT).
(2) Love. '...love your enemies!...If you love only those who love you, what good is that' (Matthew 5:44,46 NLT)?
(3) Justice. 'God blesses those who are hungry and thirsty for justice...' (Matthew 5:6 NLT).
(4) Peace. 'God blesses those who work for peace...' (Matthew 5:9 NLT).
(5) Holy living. '...let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father' (Matthew 5:16 NLT).
(6) Integrity. 'Just say a simple, "Yes, I will" or "No, I won't"...' (Matthew 5:37 NLT).
(7) Generosity. When you give a gift to someone in need, 'Give...in secret, and your Father, who knows all secrets, will reward you' (Matthew 6:2,4 NLT).
(8) Spiritual wholeness. '...Is anything worth more than your soul' (Matthew 16:26 NLT)?
(9) Biblical knowledge. 'Your problem is that you don't know the Scriptures...' (Matthew 22:29 NLT).
(10) Faith in God. '...if you had faith as small as a mustard seed...Nothing would be impossible.' '...But with God everything is possible' (Matthew 17:20; 19:26 NLT).
(11) Blessing people. Jesus not only taught this, but His constant healing of, training, and serving others demonstrated how to do it.
(12) Disciple-making. 'Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations...' (Matthew 28:19 NLT). According to Jesus that's the only agenda worth living for-and if necessary, dying for!