“And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.” Colossians 1:17
There are critics of Christianity who say that Jesus wasn’t really the Messiah. All He did was arrange His life to fulfill the prophecies. And they’re right! He really did. The only thing is, He arranged it centuries before He was born!
• He arranged to be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2).
• He arranged His peasant background and the humiliation He would suffer (Isaiah 53:3).
• He arranged that He would be betrayed and sold for thirty pieces of silver (Zechariah 11:12-13).
• He arranged His crucifixion with the piercing of His hands and feet (Psalm 22:16).
• He arranged He would be buried in a rich man’s tomb (Isaiah 53:9).
• Finally, Jesus arranged that He would be followed by millions who, with no hope of material gain and at a cost of their own lives, would set out to convince others of Him.
Oh yes! He arranged it all! Glory to God!
Praise God for His power, His plan, and His control over all things! Truly, nothing is too hard for Him, and “in Him we live and move and have our being.”