Have you ever heard someone’s testimony of how God has spoken in clear way in particular situation? You may always find few in every small group or church, who always have accounts of God’s clear voice. Have you ever wonder how can God speak to everyone but you? Does God really speak? or is it mere emotion or feeling? Does he really communicate in clear (sometimes audible) voice? The answer is of course “Yes”. He does. So, what are the ways in which he speaks? Let us look at what bible says about the ways in which God speaks to his people.
1. Through the Word of God (2 Tim 3:16, Psalm 119:11, 105): This is the most clear and effective way of God’s communication with his people. If you want to know how things works perfectly, you need to read the manual. Bible is God’s manual for his people. But as in case with other manuals, we often ignore Bible. How often do we try everything else, but his words?
2. Through the inner still, small voice of Holy Spirit (Acts 11:12, Acts 13:2, Acts 16:6-7, 1 Kings 19:12, Isaiah 30:19-21)
3. Through the advice and counsel of men and women of God (Prov 12:15)
4. Through the Audible Voice of God (Acts 9:4-5)
5. Through Dreams (Matthew 1:20-21) – There are many instances in the bible, when God clearly communicates through dreams.
6. Through Visions (Acts 10:9-18)
8. By circumstances: There is a danger though, letting mere circumstances run our lives, can be opening doors to Satan. So be wise with regards to your circumstances and expect God to speak to you through them.
9. By Inner Conviction and Peace: It is similar to the inner still, small voice of holy spirit. God can give you deep conviction and inner peace about something. (Discover God’s Will – Practical Preparation) Bible SEO
10."Public revelation" on the other hand means God gives a revelation to a person for the public intent, better known as a prophecy. The most well known public revelation today is the Holy Bible, which was revealed to many people for future use and teaching. Within the Bible, God has also imparted numerous prophecies to many people, all of which were intended to impart knowledge to the people of the day or to be used for future reference.