No Matter How Hopeless



I see people in pain, hurting, broken, and feeling as though they are without hope.  I’ve seen all of these things within just a few minutes of scrolling through the news feed of my Facebook page posted within the past 8 hours. I see broken people who need healing and restoration who are searching for real hope.

God can heal a heart no matter how paralyzed, no matter how dead.

And when I see the hopeless, and I feel I have nothing to bring relief, Do I believe that they can find comfort and peace and maybe even purpose again? I do. Isn’t that why I believe in a Savior? It’s the sick, it’s the hopeless that need one. It’s all of humanity really.

It’s the worst thing watching someone you love in pain. But it’s this feeling that drives me to fight for their life. Because it makes me hurt a little less when I can bring a smile to their face. And I’m not the savior of the world but I can be a part in the healing process. I can be the hands and feet.

As a Christian I know the only place that they will find true, everlasting hope is in Jesus Christ.  He is our hope (1 Peter 1:3, 1 Timothy 1:1, Psalm 39:7, Titus 2:13). I believe that we are to point others to the only true and living hope and we have an opportunity to do that in a digital age that can reach more people than we could ever imagine through the use of social media.

“The joy of the Lord is your strength” – Nehemiah 8:10

     Some people have a warped idea of living the Christian life.  Seeing talented, successful Christian, they attempt to imitate them.  For them, the grass on the other side of the fence is always greener.  But when they discover that their own gifts are different or their contributions are more modest (or even invisible), they collapse in discouragement and overlook genuine opportunities that are open to them.  They have forgotten that they are here to serve Christ, not themselves.

     Be like the apostle Paul and say, “None of these things move me.”  Few men suffered as Paul did, yet he learned how to live above his circumstances—even in a prison cell.  You can do the same.  The key is to realize you are here to serve Christ, not yourself.

     God does not promise us an easy life, free of troubles, trials, difficulties, and temptations.  He never promises that life will be perfect. He does not call His children to a playground, but to a battleground.  In the midst of it all when we serve Christ, we truly discover that “joy of the Lord is (our) strength.” – Billy Graham

Blessings,

Raj Kosaraju

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rambabu – Testimony of Hindu Brahmin from Karnataka

Mahatma Gandhi admired Jesus and His teachings but did not follow "Christianity"

The Story of Sadhu Sundar Singh- his encounter with Jesus